New Years Scavenger Hunt!!

This is for registered users you wish to hold a contest for an actual prize. Please see the Non-Official Contest rules for details.

New Years Scavenger Hunt!!

Postby jschong93 » 24 Oct 2012, 03:50

CONTEST HAS ENDED.

Starting Date: November 8th, 2012
Ending Date: December 23th, 2012

I changed the rules a bit from when I first announced this contest. This is how it works. With New Years rapidly approaching, preparations are needed to make an awesome festival! However, the town of Tsuki no Hito does not have a planning committee to do this, so us citizens need to pull our resources together. Below is a scavenger list of things we're missing: locations, items, and people (see additional notes after list for further details)!

Please send all Moondrop answers to me through PM! Make the subject "Moondrop #". e.g. "Moondrop #1", or "Moondrop #1,3-5"

Additional Notes:
+Moondrops 1,4,5, and 6 require you to take a picture using a camera and uploading it to the internet. If you don't have the means to do so, you may take pictures from the web BUT make sure that you indicate the picture is not yours. *You do not have to use a camera for Moondrop 2.
+For Moondrop 2 and 6, please indicate which HM character and HM dish, respectively, you are referring to. If you feel that your other pictures need a description to explain why you chose it too, please do so!
+Moondrop 1 was inspired by Pinkcat Flower! It sounded like a good idea so I added it in. :3

RANDOM MOONDROPS
These moondrops will be posted in this topic at random times until the end date of the contest. There are 4 in total: Moondrops 7-10. For these Moondrops, you will have to search for a post made by me that contains the hidden object/code specified in the Moondrop (hints will be given to make it easier). These are OPTIONAL and do not need to be completed. However, they do give you points that could make you a winner!

Prizes:
+1st, 2nd and 3rd place will each receive one of the following prizes: cow plush phone holder, official HM tote bag, homemade door sign. 1st place will get first pick, 2nd place second pick, and 3rd place will get the remaining prize. Here's a picture of each:

Cow Plush Phone Holder (may not be able to hold some smart phones... but you can use if for other stuff xP)

Official Harvest Moon Tote Bag from Natsume.

Image Image
Homemade Harvest Moon Door Sign, front and back pictures. Includes string for hanging. Made out of foam cardboard and printed on cardstock. Chinese textbook NOT included. :P

+All participants (including the top 3) will receive Harvest Moon themed trading cards (also created by me). Each set contains 5 laminated cards, except: 3rd place receives 1 bonus card, 2nd place 2 bonus cards, and 1st place 3 bonus cards.
+IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO GIVE OUT YOUR ADDRESS (to tgains, not me): Please tell me ahead of time so I don't make physical cards unnecessarily. You have the option of receiving your cards electronically through email and you can print & laminate them yourselves.. or just do nothing with them. :P

Image Image
Front and back of the trading cards. The side shown on the left will look the same for all cards. The right picture is specific for Popuri's card, obviously.

Point System: Points are given mainly for creativity and accuracy (the latter especially for Moondrops 1, 2, and 6). For Moondrops 7-10 not on the list, completion/accuracy give points.
Last edited by jschong93 on 28 Dec 2012, 20:57, edited 11 times in total.
Love anime? Join the TnH Anime Fanclub~!

jschong93
Country Folk
Country Folk

Re: New Years Scavenger Hunt!

Postby Pinkcat Flower » 24 Oct 2012, 10:05

I am up for any and all competitions! What would be the basic rules for it? I've never done any sort of scavenger hunt before.
Last edited by Pinkcat Flower on 24 Oct 2012, 14:22, edited 1 time in total.
Pinkcat Flower
Barn Raiser
Barn Raiser

Postby tgainsbrough » 24 Oct 2012, 11:03

That's a really neat idea! I'd love participating! <3
Pinkcat Flower wrote:We try our best XD This forum is always good to come to if you're feeling down <3

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
pokemon wrote:Oh, I have an idea! A laptop! I could visit tsukinohito while playing video games!
tgainsbrough
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Celestral » 24 Oct 2012, 12:23

It sounds really cool and a lot of fun! ^^

There are only really two kind of people in this world,
Those who really REALLY love dragons....
And the others...

ImageSee all my dragons by clicking here :3

Our mini city needs more people! <3
Celestral
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby jschong93 » 24 Oct 2012, 16:41

Awesome! I think that's enough interest to go ahead with my plans. xP

So I'll just give you guys a general idea of what the scavenger hunt will be about, in a form of a list because I pulled an all-nighter last night and I'm tired. ;__;

• Since I'm not an admin of this site and I want the admins to be able to participate, I'm limited to doing things within my posting limits.
  • By scavenger hunt, I mean you will have to find various things, be it (1) hidden messages/codes within my posts all over the forum (2) trivia-like questions found in this topic (3) easy tasks to complete also found in this topic, etc.
  • The items on the scavenger hunt list, which I shall call "Moondrops", will be revealed at designated as well as random times throughout the contest period. They will all be related to Harvest Moon somehow.
  • All Moondrop answers must be PMed to me. There will be no time limit (except for the end of the contest) to PM me for any Moondrop # so that you guys don't feel pressed for time.
  • At the end of the contest, I will tally up points to determine the top 3 standings.
  • All participants will receive a prize, with the top 3 places receiving a specialized prize. Don't expect too much b/c I'm poor right now, but the prizes will be HM-related and I'll put a lot of consideration into them. :3

I will post the official contest details in about two weeks when the contest starts. I may have made the rules sound complicated in the list above, but trust me it isn't that difficult. Even for the hidden messages/codes, I will post a message in this topic hinting where you might find it.

Oh, and just to clarify what I mean by "Moondrops"... For the scavenger hunt, each thing I will ask you to do, AKA each item on the scavenger list, will be called a "Moondrop". For instance, the first will be Moondrop #1, the second Moondrop #2, etc.

If there is anything you don't understand, ask away. :D I have a feeling I haven't made myself very clear and I'm too tired to proof-read what I've just written.

jschong93
Country Folk
Country Folk

Postby Pinkcat Flower » 24 Oct 2012, 16:51

Thanks for the info :D
Pinkcat Flower
Barn Raiser
Barn Raiser

Postby tgainsbrough » 24 Oct 2012, 16:57

Aww dang, i thought we were going to have to run around our house/town and find things. :P Like "get a powerberry" and take a picture of a strawberry at the market.

Anyways, that sounds like a really cool idea!
Pinkcat Flower wrote:We try our best XD This forum is always good to come to if you're feeling down <3

pokemon wrote:Oh, I have an idea! A laptop! I could visit tsukinohito while playing video games!
tgainsbrough
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby jschong93 » 24 Oct 2012, 17:07

I never said things like that won't be included. "easy tasks to complete" hint hint. ;)

jschong93
Country Folk
Country Folk

Postby Pikamew » 24 Oct 2012, 17:12

What a great idea! It sounds really fun. I would totally participate!
<(o^_^o)> -( Pika pi!)
Pikamew
Suburban Squatter
Suburban Squatter

Postby Pinkcat Flower » 24 Oct 2012, 17:14

Ooo I hope it's stuff like "your local goddess pond" and we get scored on how close it is to the HM one (please feel free not to reply to this incase it ruins a surprise ^^)
Pinkcat Flower
Barn Raiser
Barn Raiser

Postby tgainsbrough » 24 Oct 2012, 17:38

XD I can't wait! :D

tgainsbrough
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Celestral » 26 Oct 2012, 12:15

This really sounds awesome, can't wait for it to begin :D

There are only really two kind of people in this world,
Those who really REALLY love dragons....
And the others...

ImageSee all my dragons by clicking here :3

Our mini city needs more people! <3
Celestral
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pokemon » 29 Oct 2012, 23:42

As long as the prize isn't shipped, I'm all in!
Spoiler: show
[url="http://theotaku.com/quizzes/view/2552/what_legendary_pokemon_are_you%3F"]Image[/url]
pokemon
Patio Occupant
Patio Occupant

Postby jschong93 » 08 Nov 2012, 15:45

The New Years scavenger hunt starts today and ends December 20th! Read all the updated information in the first post of this topic. :D Good luck! Post questions here. NO MOONDROPS should be posted in this topic.

jschong93
Country Folk
Country Folk

Postby tgainsbrough » 08 Nov 2012, 16:26

Woot that looks amazing! I'll get to work on it. :D

tgainsbrough
Site Admin
Site Admin

Next

Return to Non-Official Contests

Who is farming

Citizens browsing this forum: No citizens and 0 travelers